Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 2 after surgery

2012.6.24 Jake

Brita seems to be doing well..  slept all night – no whining – I’m sure the drugs helped!  So it was pretty uneventful until a bit ago when I took her out front to potty.  The temporary fence I put around the front yard for Olivia is coming in handy.  I do keep Brita on leash however since a rabbit lives right around there and my guess is that she would go from standing still to mach 1 if she saw it!  Jake was not happy that he had to stay on the back porch while I took her out front and Jake, being Jake, never thinks he can’t do something but instead just figures out a way to do it.  I can’t tell you whether the screen was loose or not but I assure you it’s now out of the window and he was at the front door to greet us as we tried to push our way in.  I will say that a solid “platz” or “down” has calmed down my dogs on more than one occasion including this one.  So he stayed down while I threw the wiggly “why can’t I say hi” Brita into her temporary padded room.  All is well now.. the K9s are sleeping.  More later.

2012-06-23 23.34.39

Uneventful day (a good thing!) … Nothing new to report.  I realized how different than the other 3 dogs who had surgery over the years (Jake, Josephine and Teddy).  For each of them it was a hip issue and walking was a problem unlike Brita who is walking just fine but shouldn’t.  I notice she doesn’t have full control of her tail which will come but other than that, the challenge is slowing her down. 

More tomorrow…

Related Posts with Thumbnails