Saturday, December 4, 2010

If I didn't have a dog....


  • l'd walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
  • My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
  • All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.
  • When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel and I could get to the door without tripping on a fuzzy body who beat me there.
  • I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space a furry body would need to get comfortable.
  • I would have money, and no guilt to go on a real vacation.
  • I would not be on a first-name basis with my veterinarian, as I put his yet unborn grandkids through college.
  • My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers and look like a daycare center with toys everywhere.
  • The most used words in my vocabulary would not be Out, Sit, Down, Come, No, Stay, and Leave it ALONE.
  • My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash..
  • I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, O-U-T, G-O, R-I-D-E.
  • I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.
  • I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading 'mud' season.
  • I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have an animal" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone who has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being: by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him.


IF I DIDN'T HAVE A DOG.. How Empty My Life Would Be!



.
Related Posts with Thumbnails