Thursday, September 13, 2012

Hawk

IMG_6518

I don’t see a hawk every day… or every other day…  sometimes I don’t see one for weeks at a time.    I remember the first time I really took notice.  Teddy and I were out front of the house.  I was working in the garage and he was snoozing in the front yard.  He was not doing well and I was worried about him.  Then all of a sudden I heard a commotion and a hawk swooped down I swear not 20 feet above the ground and then flew up and over the pine trees.  I thought at that time it was unusual and that the hawk was trying to tell me something.

Since then I’ve seen many hawks – sometimes not for weeks at a time but then just when I feel I need affirmation about something – there it is..  a hawk telling me I made the right decision and everything will be ok.  At one point I researched the symbolism of the hawk and this kind of summarizes what I found.

The hawk is a messenger bird.  Usually when we see a hawk it means to pay attention because a message is coming. Hawks represent clear sightedness.  They bring courage, wisdom, illumination, creativity and truth and give us the ability to see the larger picture in life. They can help to overcome problems and make wise use of opportunities.  This is the hawk’s 'medicine'.   When the same animal keeps coming to us in real life or in a dream, it is bringing it's medicine to you.   The hawk brings a message, a good one, to let us know you are on the right path and whatever problems we are wrestling with we will solve because hawks medicine has been given to you. 

Yesterday, after laying Olivia to rest we walked to the house and were chatting in the driveway and a large bird swooped by and went behind some large trees…  you guessed it…  Hawk was bringing me a message that everything would be ok….

I’m sure by that time Olivia was on the other side running free and playing with her pack…  ready for a new adventure…
__________________________________________________________

Added December 2012hawk flying

I’ve written about hawks before. They speak to me… tell me when I’m on the right path…. If I wonder if I’m making a good decision or heading the right way, a hawk will fly over and I’ll feel good about it! Doesn’t matter if I’m on the road, at home in the house or in the yard.

Anyway, yesterday I was driving to work and merging onto Highway 41 from County Road II. I saw a hawk to the right who had been sitting in a tree but was taking off. He flew up just a little, swerved to the left coming in front of me and then continued to the left. As I watched I was watching the highway. I knew I had a separate lane to get onto the highway but as I turned my gaze to the left I saw a truck (someone late for work maybe?) speeding up beside me as I was merging… Had I not watched the hawk I most likely would not have seen the truck that was in my blind spot.

Hmmm… thanks Hawk for pointing that out to me!

 

 

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails