Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ups and Downs again for Ari…

Who knows what happened…  We talked with Marilyn yesterday and she asked if he was on medication..  no..  why?  He seems “loopy” she said.. in a good way.  Just kin100_2558d of a goof enjoying himself.  It wasn’t unusual for him to have sort of a goofy look because he loved to play and be the center of things. 

Today when I got home from work, he was in the middle yard with Kobie and Olivia.  When I got in the house the girls were there but no Ari.  It was dark in the stairway and as soon as I turned the light on and called him, up the stairs he came.  I have believed for a long time that if there is no light ahead of him, he thinks there is nowhere to go.  It was dark ahead of him so he just stayed in the basement.  I’ve seen him stay outside until I turned a light on and he could see there was a dog door to go through.  And for a long time I’ve said if he went out at night I don’t think he could find his way back in the house. 

Then, a mouse trap went off in the kitchen.  We were in the living room and when it snapped and he got really nervous, came to me and hid behind me… obviously afraid.  This is NOT my Ari.  Later I found him in the bathroom which is where he used to hide when he was having seizures.  He looked very afraid….  

DSC07679

Related Posts with Thumbnails