Friday, March 19, 2010

Brita and Jake – How did they do it?


Background…  Jake sleeps in a wicker crate next to my bed..  well not really wicker but the fake wicker.  If it was really wicker, he would have destroyed it by now. There are 2 latches on this crate and I usually latch the top one because the bottom stays shut just fine that way.  He has never gotten out of it.   Brita sleeps in the room on a bean bag chair on the other side of my bed.IMG_1933

The morning routine…  I get up and let Brita go out to the center yard and then walk Jake for a bit before putting him in a crate in the sunroom or kitchen.

This morning…  I got up late so decided to hop in the shower before doing the dog thing.  When the turn the water off I heard sounds from the bedroom that I shouldn’t have been hearing…  (if you are tuned into your dogs, you know what I mean…  it just didn’t sound right).  I quickly dried off and looked in the bedroom and, sure enough, Jake was out of the crate and greeted me so I grabbed him and brought him into the bathroom.  Now if he wasn’t still recovering from surgery this would not have been a problem but I didn’t want him to overdo it. 

So..  I get dressed, take Jake out and then to a crate and realize thIMG_1936at I haven’t seen Brita…   I went into the bedroom and there she was, inside the closed and latched crate.

So I wonder – how did Jake get out of the latched crate and Brita get in and it’s still latched??  It certainly is a puzzle!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails