Sunday, January 2, 2011

What would you do in an emergency?

I'm a dog person.  I worry about what would happen in the event of an emergency and my guess is that there are more people out there like me.  That's who this post is for.  Chances are that because you are reading this, you are a dog person.

Plain and simple - what would you do if any of the following happened in your area?

  • Wildfire, flood, tornado, hurricane. winter storm or drought
  • Landslide or mudflow, earthquake, tsunami or volcano eruption
  • Hazard materials or radiation threat or a nuclear power plant incident (anyone besides me remember TMI)
What would you do with your pets?  What if the evacuation happened while you were at work and your pets were at home?
 
I came across a distance learning course by FEMA called Animals in Disasters: Awareness and Preparedness.  You can access it here:  https://training.fema.gov/EMIWeb/IS/is10a.asp
 
Even if you don't have a pet right now, why not share this with your family and friends who do?  They may thank you for it.
 
josephine-redcross

PS - Posting this photo of Josephine a few days ago got me to thinking of this topic and then I read some information on a message board so that got me to checking things out. That’s when I came across the course and decided to share it. 

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails